Wednesday 25 April 2007

calendar in my page

these days i am thinking about adding calendar function on my web page.

the calendar shows current date, month and year when the users view pages.

moreover, the presentations (color or font) of dates are changed if the administrator posts some articles on the pages that day. the users also can press the dates to link to page to find out what were posted.

i find some good php tutorials on 'phpfreaks'. hope this website can help you guys.

i read some calendar tutorials which tell me that the most important thing to impliment calendar on a php server is that you need to make sure the php server enable calendar! i checked this with phpinfo.php and got a positive answer from mim server! that means i am given an opportunity to start doing calendar on my webpage. great!

2 comments:

jachichi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jachichi said...

Hi Zhe,

Your design idea for colour changes to be related to date changes reminds me of a redesign approach that Shaun Inman chose for his blog in October 2006. His article, THE 9TH INCARNATION OF SHAUNINMAN.COM, describes how and why articles in his blog will appear in different colours to represent ageing. I found his idea really interesting, but I'm not sure that I'd choose the same colour palette that he has. Some of the colours are a little jarring to my eye.

Thought you might find his how and why interesting.

Jacqui